- The philosophy of Micro Metals is to produce only those parts and to provide only those services that meet the criteria set forth by our customers. To accomplish this goal, it is our quality policy to closely communicate with the customer in order to understand individual needs and requirements, and then to convey these essentials to all personnel.
- To meet our standard of quality, Micro Metals relies on well-trained personnel; continuous education in all aspects of quality, manufacturing, safety and employee involvement throughout the design and manufacturing stages; and the study of new and innovative trends in powder metallurgy.
- Our quality assurance lab utilizes equipment that is essential to meeting the increased demands of the modern manufacturing environment. If your requirements include carbon analysis, metallography, coordinate measuring, gear analysis, tensile strength tests, or dimensional layouts, we stand ready to meet your needs.
Training is a priority at Micro Metals. Whether it is on-the-job training, classes conducted in our own classroom, or seminars offered through third-party sources, each employee receives training congruent with his or her responsibilities.
The new employee's first training is provided via the orientation program, which consists of information concerning:
- Quality policy
- TS 16949 familiarization
- Right to know in the workplace
- Safety system
- Fire prevention/disaster plan
Next, the new member of the team receives his or her job-specific training and is paired with a personal “task trainer.” The task trainer is a veteran versed in the responsibilities required of the new employee. This phase of the training will include:
- Corrective action/continuous improvement
- Spec sheet reading and interpretation
- Statistical techniques
- Identification and traceability
- Nonconforming material
- Measuring instruments
Contingent upon the operator’s particular position and responsibilities, training may also include:
- Lift truck operation
- Lockout/tag out
- Blood-borne pathogens
- CPR and first aid
- Confined-space safety